Welcome to a new competitive Irish drift format. The Drift Games Nationals and Extreme are designed to offer the perfect home for drivers of any financial, ambition or skill level. Let’s check out the options available:
DRIFT GAMES NATIONALS – PRO-AM CLASS
Ready to get started in the world of competitive drifting? The Drift Games Nationls Pro-Am class is aimed at amateurs and beginners beginning their climb to the top. Operated under the same rules, regulations and criteria as the major leagues, this is the place to cut your teeth in tandem competition.
DRIFT GAMES NATIONALS – PRO CLASS
The Drift Games Nationals Pro Class provides the equalised playing field drivers and fans have been anxiously anticipating. This championship will reward only the most talented drivers, regardless of financial investment or machinery level. The DGN gives hardcore drift fans and Ireland’s best drivers the fairest, most challenging and rewarding events imaginable.
The Drift Games Nationals Will Feature:
- 4 events across 4 different locations running from March to August.
- A control street tyre rule to equalise grip, horsepower and reduce breakages. This tyre will be available at a less than retail price to all drivers.
- A Practice, Qualifying and Top 32 elimination tournament.
- Pro-Am practice, Pro-Am qualifying, Pro practice and Pro-Am Top 32 will take place on Day 1.
- Pro Practice, Pro Qualifying and Pro Top 32 will take place on day 2. The top 4 from Pro-Am will compete on Day 2 also.
- An entry fee of €750 payable in full between the 1/3/19 and 8/3/19).
- The Pro-Am class is open to 60 entries.
- The Pro-Am class is open to any driver, once they meet the 2019 Drift Games Nationals Rules and Regulations.
- The Pro Class is open to 50 entries.
- You must hold a current IDC Pro-Am or IDC Pro license in order to apply for an entry in the Drift Games Nationals Pro Class.
- Once all entries are full on the 8/3/19, entries are closed for the season. There will be no reserve list or option to join later in the season.
The entry form for the Drift Games Nationals is at the bottom of this page.
DRIFT GAMES EXTREME – EXTREME CLASS
The Drift Games Extreme championship is all about pushing the best drivers in Ireland to and beyond their limits. The DGX is primarily aimed at attracting new fans, viewers and partners to the incredible sport of drifting in Ireland. It features a highly unique and entertainment-focused format, with an emphasis on dangerous layouts, impressive machinery and extensive coverage. The highest profile venues will be filled with intense and relentless action over the course of this amazing 5 round series.
- 5 events across 3 different locations running from April to September.
tyresare permitted (maximum contact width 265mm).
- Track layouts will feature external walls and obstacles.
- A Practice, Qualifying
andTop 32 elimination tournament.
- Extreme practice and Extreme qualifying will take place on Day 1.
- Extreme Top 32 will take place on Day 2.
- An entry fee of €1,400 payable in full between the 1/3/19 and 8/3/19.
- The Extreme class is open to 32 entries.
- You must hold a current IDC Pro-Am or IDC Pro license in order to apply for an entry in the Drift Games Extreme Class.
- Once all entries are full on the 8/3/19, entries are closed for the season.
- Applicants will be assessed on the form filled out below. Please take time to fill this out correctly and provide adequate information.
The entry form for the Drift Games Extreme is also below.
If you wish to apply for either the Drift Games Nationals or Drift Games Extreme championship for 2019, you MUST complete the below application form before the application deadline below.
Before completing the below application form, please ensure you have read, understand and agree that you and your car will comply with the 2019 Drift Games driver rules, regulations and handbook.
Application Deadline: 23:59, Thursday, January 31st, 2019